Monday 1 February 2021

Anti-Mask

 There are people I like that have gone off on a tangent about mask wearing.  On that issue they may be following the science but science isn’t everything.  The cartoon I saw recently about the man who erected a chain link fence to keep out mosquitoes has a point.  I wear a mask, as an amulet, to show I care.  The fearful get some sense of security though a general adoption of face coverings though its medical efficacy may be dubious.  I do not feel cowed into submission by doing so as some of the anti-mask crowd claim is its purpose.

When the vulnerable are vaccinated the government should decide that the rest may take their chances  and get the shot/s if they wish.  Get back to the old normal.  There should be no arm twisting.  ‘Go easy nurse’.

No comments: