Thursday 22 October 2020

Downcast by the Problem of Evil

  -  Do you accept physics?   Are you affronted by the failure of over-stressed beams?  Are lava flows an unjust imposition?   What is your position on tsunamis?

 -  Nature is naturing, from indigestion to cancer.  It’s all normal.  It is what it is: only a fool could object to it.

 -  I agree and we differ only in my seeing God as the underlying energy of all this, supporting and sustaining and so forth.  You though, with a very narrow perspective on omni-benevolence claim that I should be baffled by a supposed dilemma and merely hold to belief through obdurate ignorance and refusal to draw a rational conclusion.  I think my love of physics, as such, is greater than yours as I am not in the least downcast by it whereas by your account I ought to be.

No comments: