Friday 26 August 2022

My Care Profile

 

That ancient shrug, ‘what do I care’, ‘what do you care’  can no longer be sanctioned.  You must forever be curating your ‘care’ profile for who knows while you slept someone in America found a new victim of compelling intersectionality.  Being on Facebook or Twitser is not good for anybody’s mental health as far as someone who has never participated can tell.  On the whole the internet has been good for me.  Last week I learnt how to cure an airlock in a power shower.  I researched a push reel mower on youtube and now my carbon wallet is bursting and the lawn is better for it.

 

Blessèd sister, holy mother, spirit of the fountain, spirit of the garden,
Suffer us not to mock ourselves with falsehood
Teach us to care and not to care
Teach us to sit still

(from 'Ash Wednesday' by T.S. Eliot)

No comments: